StaffCounter Agent is a program that monitors the activity of users on a Mac computer, designed especially for the StaffCounter time-tracking service. It helps to supervise employees and how they work at the computer.
- it allows you to calculate how long the client has worked in all applications;
- it tracks internet activity, namely visited websites and web searches;
- It records the keystrokes, typed by user except passwpords;
- it records surrounded sounds into audio files;
- it takes screenshots at specified intervals or when certain words are typed.
- it allows you to track the user’s navigation through files and folders locally on the computer and on the network.
- it can be temporarily disabled, so that workers can use the computer for their own personal needs.
First, you need to allow the launching of the programs, downloaded from anywhere.
Open System Preferences, Security&Privacy, General.
Unlock the window and select Anywhere in the group of Allow apps downloaded from.
Download StaffCounter Agent on the Mac computer that the employee will use. Unzip the file into a new folder.
Inside the archive you can find the embedded archive, which you also have to unzip.
Move StaffCounter.app into Applications folder.
- Launch it by double-click. Allow the application access to user’s contacts. Write into the first field the email address of the manager(e-mail address, you used on registration). Write the name of the user into the second field. Click Register.
- Provide administrative password, if the system requires.
- To pause or stop the monitoring, use StaffCounter icon from the upper Taskbar.
- To record keystrokes, switch on this option in Settings page on server. Then the system can show the following notification:
- Click Open System Preferences and unlock the settings. Tick StaffCounter program in Security & Privacy, Accessibility, Privacy.
- Restart please the MAC and login as target user. The system will ask you for a permission to access the camera, microphone and screen for StaffCounter application. You should allow all of that.
- Launch Google Chrome and Safari web browsers. Allow to StaffCounter application the access to web history.
Yes, he or she can.
Even without administrator rights, a worker can open the program and stop monitoring. However, after a reboot StaffCounter will automatically start up again.
Removing StaffCounter Agent. All steps must be done from administrator system account.
- stop StaffCounter service in Activity Monitor;
- remove StaffCounter.app from Applications.