StaffCounter for MacOS
for Mac OS X 10.12–10.15
StaffCounter Agent for Mac OS. What is it?
StaffCounter Agent offers the following key features
- it allows you to calculate how long the client has worked in all applications;
- it tracks internet activity, namely visited websites and web searches;
- It records the keystrokes, typed by user except passwpords;
- it records surrounded sounds into audio files;
- it takes screenshots at specified intervals or when certain words are typed.
- it allows you to track the user’s navigation through files and folders locally on the computer and on the network.
- it can be temporarily disabled, so that workers can use the computer for their own personal needs.
Installation and configuration on Mac OS X
First, you need to allow the launching of the programs, downloaded from anywhere.Open System Preferences, Security&Privacy, General.
Unlock the window and select Anywhere in the group of Allow apps downloaded from.Download StaffCounter Agent on the Mac computer that the employee will use. Unzip the file into a new folder.
Inside the archive, you can find the embedded archive, which you also have to unzip.Move StaffCounter.app into the Applications folder.
- Launch it by double-click. Allow the application access to user’s contacts. Write into the first field the email address of the manager(e-mail address, you used on registration). Write the name of the user into the second field. Click Register.
- Provide administrative password, if the system requires.
- To pause or stop the monitoring, use StaffCounter icon from the upper Taskbar.
- To record keystrokes, switch on this option in Settings page on server. Then the system can show the following notification:
- Click Open System Preferences and unlock the settings. Tick StaffCounter program in Security & Privacy, Accessibility, Privacy.
- Restart please the MAC and login as target user. The system will ask you for a permission to access the camera, microphone and screen for StaffCounter application. You should allow all of that.
- Launch Google Chrome and Safari web browsers. Allow to StaffCounter application the access to web history.
Can a worker turn StaffCounter off for some time?
Uninstalling StaffCounter from a computer
Removing StaffCounter Agent. All steps must be done from administrator system account.
- stop StaffCounter service in Activity Monitor;
- remove StaffCounter.app from Applications.