- Register at StaffCounter.net with your e-mail address.
- You’ll receive a e-mail to confirm your registration. Open the e-mail and click on the link to confirm your registration.
- By default, every new user receives a Standard account for trial period.
- In the Settings:
- You can configure StaffCounter agent to allow/disallow stop or resume monirtoing;
- Show/hide icon of StaffCounter agent;
- What type on information you need to collect;
- Specify the e-mail address where you want to receive Summary Reports (daily, weekly, monthly, or more than one of these).
- The option Automatical alerts allows StaffCounter to automatically determine violations in the workplace.
- Also, on second tab you can specify the time at which your business’s working day begins and ends.
- Now you can install StaffCounter Agent on the target computers and mobile phones.
- On the target computer or phone go to the Download page and download the corresponding application version.
- Install the StaffCounter Monitoring Agent application, and after installation enter the e-mail address associated with your StaffCounter account in the program options.
For assistance in installation on each platform, see:
Installation with Invite.
You need to enter the mail addresses of employees and their names. This can be done in two ways:
- take turns entering data into the fields;
- enter the list separated by commas.
If the names are not entered, the device name will automatically become the email address to the @ sign. After that you have two options:
- just create devices in the Employee List;
- create devices and send invitation letters. Their text can be immediately edited:
To further connect the StaffCounter agent, you need to take a few steps:
- Download StaffCounter Agent;
- Run the installer, click the More button (in the Windows agent) or Connect by ID (in the Linux agent) and enter your employee’s email address in the Device ID field (for Windows and Linux) or in the Enter your email or device field (for macOS).
After that, the system will automatically pick it up from the Employee List.
StaffCounter agents record all your activity on devices: the names of open windows, documents, projects, programs being run, pages viewed in the browser. All this activity is grouped and analyzed by the server.
After using StaffCounter for several days, you should instruct it how to determine the productivity of the applications and websites that your employees use.
For your convenience, StaffCounter offers the ability to divide programs and services into different categories, such as Office applications, Games, Communication, Business, Education, and News. For each category you can determine whether it is productive for your business, neutral, or an unproductive use of time. After this, you can associate any program or visited website with one of these categories.
To begin, open the Settings page and set the overall productivity value for each category.
In the page of menu Reports – > Reports by time, specify the category for each program or website.