General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) article 30 is talking about “Records of processing activities” and article 32 talking about technical measures. In this blog, we want to focus on how StaffCounter can help to adhere the broad requirements of Article 32 with the various monitoring and auditing tools offered by the solution.
We are happy to announce xUbuntu support. Now it is possible to install StaffCounter monitoring agent on Linux xUbuntu 18, 64-bit version. The installation procedure and the features are the same as on Ubuntu. So, the latest version of StaffCounter for Linux 1.1.33 has been tested and can be installed on the following operating systems:
|Ubuntu 16 (32-bit)||Ubuntu 16 (64-bit)|
|Ubuntu 18 (64-bit)|
|Mint 18 (64-bit)|
|xUbuntu 18 (64-bit)|
We will continue our expansion to support all major Linux systems. If you have any proposals and wishes use our contact form for feedback.
User Behavior Analysis (UBA) is one of the effective insider threat prevention technology. UBA features helps with incidents response process to identify human factor vs other threats. StaffCounter UBA features creates detailed user activity log. This allows to store comprehensive journal that can be used during digital forensics process.
UBA features in StaffCounter:
- Collects events generated by computer user: file access, application usage, device usage/pluged-in
- Collects events inside applications:
– Web Browser tabs with current url and web site title.
– HTML data model in active web browser tab to identify known web applications like gmail, Facebook and fetch recipient names, chats, email content and attached or displayed PDF files and etc.
– Skype conversation list and text chat window to collect communication history for each contact.
- Calculate the deviations in the collected data within a given period – user behavior pattern.
- Identify significant changes in user behavior pattern
- Alerts system owners if there are changes discovered that match predefined threshold.
You can try Staffcounter for free for 1 month for 10 employees.
StaffCounter for Windows was updated and tested with Windows Server 2012/16 in Terminal Services environment. It automatically registers remote desktop users and connect user account with StaffCounter.net service account.
Whats new in brief:
- Added support for Remode Desktop environment with automated user registration;
- Improved “Stop monitoring” feature that allows employee to pause time tracking and user events monitoring for unlimited period of time, the pause is persistent even after system restart. In order to continue time tracking – employee needs to click “Resume monitoring” command under StaffCounter icon near system clock;
- Improved Data Leak Prevention feature for Terminal Servers;
- Improved automated user registration process on multi-user systems;
- Improved the remote settings configuring from the server. Now you can switch on and off all the settings without touching target computer. Just log in your virtual office on staffcounter.net server and open Settings page. The changes will be applied to the whole section.
Try StaffCounter for free during 1 month for 10 employees.
Any company has its own personnel management system. Somewhere it can be a system of “director-subordinates”, in other places – “senior manager – department manager – department employees”. How to configure the access to reports and accounts for each senior manager? We can offer three effective solutions of this problem: Continue reading article →
Monitoring system StaffCounter is provided in two ways: a cloud service and a local server (for using on your own servers). We offer the server version as a Linux Ubuntu image for Oracle VM VirtualBox. Somebody consider it disputable, but we can convince you that it is the best solution. Continue reading article →
Employees with unlimited powers are an integral part of any company. Either way, there should be a person in the organization, and more often there are several persons, who have access to all computers, as well as to all information related to the company’s activities. And this is not a manager’s fault – this is a real need, which reduces time costs and ensures the effective interaction between departments, employees and units. However, privileged users can become a separate problem. Continue reading article →
First of all, let us express to you our sincere gratitude and recognition for the fact that you have chosen our product to achieve your business goals. It shows us that all we do while creation of a monitoring program is not for nothing. The past year has brought a lot of new in the world of business, and we have tried to follow all the new trends and introduced a lot of new and useful tools in our app. Especially it concerns the strengthening of the protection of your data.
The year of 2016 became really difficult for small and medium-sized businesses. Large corporations also faced a number of challenges and the need to have attended the introduction of additional security information and staff control. We hope that our service to help you in this difficult question and promise that in 2017 we’ll make it even more convenient and efficient.
We were very pleased to receive your letters of gratitude with description of problems which our app helps to solve. We know how it hard for the leaders to keep up with each employee and to react in time to suspicious offense. That why your use cases are so important for us to see, thanks to them we can significantly improve functionality of StaffCounter service. Your opinion and your experience are very important to us!
In the end, we want to congratulate you with Christmas and New Year and wish you a productive work, a growing business, reliable partners and the most responsible employees!
Following numerous wishes of our customers, we have published a new version of StaffCounter monitoring agent for MAC OS X. Now it easy records the keystrokes and surrounded sound.
The interface of the application was not changed. But, if you open the contents of the application, you can see the settings list file, where it is possible to install sound threshold level and many other settings. Continue reading article →
We are glad to present you a new product designed to prevent the leakage of information: StaffCounter DLP. This cloud-based solution allows you to protect your business from insiders and possible leakage of commercial information to competitors.
StaffCounter DLP includes:
- Monitoring of USB drives with three types of permits: a ban on entry, read-only, full access by the serial number.
- Control of MTP devices connection via the USB port.
- A ban on the recording CD / DVD.
- Control of data recording to network resources.
- Data ban via Bluetooth.
- Control of leakage of information through Outlook or Thunderbird: filtering data, sending via browser or email client.
- Control of downloading and installing of applications.
- Control of all actions of the employees at the PC.
Install StaffCounter DLP now and get effective protection of data from unauthorized copying and distribution. StaffCounter DLP can be purchased at a reasonable price – just $ 2 per computer per month + a month of free use.
- Windows 7, 8, 10 2012Server are supported.