We added protection against uninstalling by employees in StaffCounter for WINDOWS OS. In other words, an employee will not be able to remove the monitoring program from his device without the permission of the supervisor or administrator.
To understand what the office workers are doing, every manager wants. Someone tries to be present at the office constantly and personally monitor the progress of work, someone sets up cameras and studies records in his spare time. And someone chooses a simpler, but no less effective method – sets up the StaffCounter – a program for monitoring staff performance. Why tracking a computer with StaffCounter is profitable and convenient?
Continue reading article →
The updated StaffCounter Agent for Windows now better supports Windows Active Directory networks.
When connecting one employee’s domain account, even from different workstations, the StaffCounter program will always export the employee’s activity log to a single Dashboard entry on data.staffcounter.net. As if the employee worked on the same device. Thus, now it does not matter on which workstation the employee is working within the corporate network. It is important that he works and benefits the company.
The manager will be able to get accurate analytics of the work of each employee even if he already uses Windows Active Directory in his office, company, enterprise, etc.
System administrator usually has to protect corporate network from inside and outside threats and block them. To help administrators to deal with it, we created our product – StaffCounter DLP. What can it do? Continue reading article →
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) article 30 is talking about “Records of processing activities” and article 32 talking about technical measures. In this blog, we want to focus on how StaffCounter can help to adhere the broad requirements of Article 32 with the various monitoring and auditing tools offered by the solution.
We are happy to announce xUbuntu support. Now it is possible to install StaffCounter monitoring agent on Linux xUbuntu 18, 64-bit version. The installation procedure and the features are the same as on Ubuntu. So, the latest version of StaffCounter for Linux 1.1.33 has been tested and can be installed on the following operating systems:
|Ubuntu 16 (32-bit)||Ubuntu 16 (64-bit)|
|Ubuntu 18 (64-bit)|
|Mint 18 (64-bit)|
|xUbuntu 18 (64-bit)|
We will continue our expansion to support all major Linux systems. If you have any proposals and wishes use our contact form for feedback.
User Behavior Analysis (UBA) is one of the effective insider threat prevention technology. UBA features helps with incidents response process to identify human factor vs other threats. StaffCounter UBA features creates detailed user activity log. This allows to store comprehensive journal that can be used during digital forensics process.
UBA features in StaffCounter:
- Collects events generated by computer user: file access, application usage, device usage/pluged-in
- Collects events inside applications:
– Web Browser tabs with current url and web site title.
– HTML data model in active web browser tab to identify known web applications like gmail, Facebook and fetch recipient names, chats, email content and attached or displayed PDF files and etc.
– Skype conversation list and text chat window to collect communication history for each contact.
- Calculate the deviations in the collected data within a given period – user behavior pattern.
- Identify significant changes in user behavior pattern
- Alerts system owners if there are changes discovered that match predefined threshold.
You can try Staffcounter for free for 1 month for 10 employees.
StaffCounter for Windows was updated and tested with Windows Server 2012/16 in Terminal Services environment. It automatically registers remote desktop users and connect user account with StaffCounter.net service account.
Whats new in brief:
- Added support for Remode Desktop environment with automated user registration;
- Improved “Stop monitoring” feature that allows employee to pause time tracking and user events monitoring for unlimited period of time, the pause is persistent even after system restart. In order to continue time tracking – employee needs to click “Resume monitoring” command under StaffCounter icon near system clock;
- Improved Data Leak Prevention feature for Terminal Servers;
- Improved automated user registration process on multi-user systems;
- Improved the remote settings configuring from the server. Now you can switch on and off all the settings without touching target computer. Just log in your virtual office on staffcounter.net server and open Settings page. The changes will be applied to the whole section.
Try StaffCounter for free during 1 month for 10 employees.