User Behavior Analysis (UBA) is one of the effective insider threat prevention technology. UBA features helps with incidents response process to identify human factor vs other threats. StaffCounter UBA features creates detailed user activity log. This allows to store comprehensive journal that can be used during digital forensics process.
UBA features in StaffCounter:
- Collects events generated by computer user: file access, application usage, device usage/pluged-in
- Collects events inside applications:
– Web Browser tabs with current url and web site title.
– HTML data model in active web browser tab to identify known web applications like gmail, Facebook and fetch recipient names, chats, email content and attached or displayed PDF files and etc.
– Skype conversation list and text chat window to collect communication history for each contact.
- Calculate the deviations in the collected data within a given period – user behavior pattern.
- Identify significant changes in user behavior pattern
- Alerts system owners if there are changes discovered that match predefined threshold.
You can try Staffcounter for free for 1 month for 10 employees.