StaffCounter for Ubuntu 22
The new version of the StaffCounter agent for Ubuntu was successfully tested on Ubuntu 22.
But to make it work, you have to disable Wayland on Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop.
Wayland is a communication protocol that specifies the communication between a display server and its clients. By default the Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish desktop already uses Wayland but it’s also possible to load to the Xorg display server instead.
How to disable Wayland
- You need to have Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the
- The default display manager for the GNOME desktop environment is GDM3. Therefore, we will edit the
/etc/gdm3/custom.conffile to either disable or enable Wayland. Open a command line terminal and use nano or your favorite text editor to open this file with root permissions.
$ sudo nano /etc/gdm3/custom.conf
- Within this file, look for the line that says
#WaylandEnable=false. You can uncomment this line and either set it to false.
- After you have made the desired changes, save this file and exit it. You will need to reboot your Ubuntu 22.04 desktop for the changes to take effect.
- Now you can install the StaffCounter agent for Ubuntu.