Even if there is no antivirus application on your computer, in Windows 8 and 10 exists the Windows Defender service, that can stop the StaffCounter application.
To prevent it you need to do the following:
- Open the Control Panel and find the Windows security, using the Search field;
- Switch the real-time protection off.
- Download the StaffCounter application, unzip it into a new folder, and install it on the computer; Connect it to your online account.
- Switch to the Windows Defender and find there the list of exceptions;
- Add the address of the StaffCounter working folder to the list of folders;
- Switch the real-time protection on;